Day 5: Navratri Feast from Rajasthan
Ingredients for Churma Recipe
2 Cups Gehu Ka Atta/Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup Gram floor
2 Cups Desi Ghee
3/4 Cup Sugar
Dry Fruits like Almonds & Cashews
Desi Ghee for Frying
Step by Step Instructions for Churma Recipe
1. Take 2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour and 1 cup of Gram flour in a wide vessel.
2. Add 1 cup desi ghee to the flour.
3. Mix flour with ghee.
4. Add 1 cup water to the mixture and knead the mixture into a tight dough.
5. Divide the dough into small equal balls and press them.
6. Heat desi ghee in a pan for frying. Add the small dough portions into the pan. The ghee should be medium hot.
7. Fry them 10-15 minutes till they turn golden brown.
8. When the dumplings are cooked, take them out and drain the excess ghee on kitchen rolls.
9. Let them cool for 10 minutes.
10. Grind all the pieces into a fine powder in a food processor.
11. Then add 3/4 cups of sugar/Jaggary/Bura and mix well.
12. You can also add chopped dry fruits like almonds and cashews to the mixture. Churma is ready.
1.You can replace sugar with Jaggery or Bura.
2.you can heat the dumplings in Oven for 15-20 minute, rather than deep frying.
Author: Neha Jain
Disclaimer Notice: The information in this article is sourced from different sources. The opinions, beliefs and views expressed by the author and forum participants on this website are personal and do not reflect the opinions, beliefs and views of SatyaWahr.